Keystone Inspection Service, DIV. of Key Consolidated 2000, Inc. herein after known as the inspector agrees to conduct an inspection for the purpose of informing the client(s) of major deficiencies in the condition of the above named property. THE REPORT IS THE PROPERTY OF THE INSPECTOR AND THE CLIENT AND SHALL NOT BE USED OR TRANSFERRED TO ANY OTHER PARTIES WITHOUT BOTH THE INSPECTOR'S AND CLIENTS WRITTEN CONSENT. It is understood and agreed that this inspection will be of readily accessible areas of the building and is limited to visual observations of apparent conditions existing at the time of the inspection only. Latent and concealed defects and deficiencies are excluded from the inspection; equipment, items and systems will not be dismantled.
1) This inspection of the subject property shall be performed by the inspector for the client in accordance with the Standards of Practice of the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI®). A copy of these standards are available from the inspector.
2) The purpose of this inspection is to identify and disclose visually observable major deficiencies of the inspected systems and items at the time of this inspection only. Detached buildings are not included.
3) This inspection is not intended to be technically exhaustive nor is it to be a GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE CONDITIONS OF THE PROPERTY, ITEMS AND SYSTEMS INSPECTED AND IT SHOULD NOT BE RELIED ON AS SUCH. The inspector shall not be held responsible or liable for any repairs or replacements with regard to this property, systems, components, or the contents therein. Inspector is neither a guarantor or insurer. Total liability is limited to a pro-rated cost of the inspection(s) paid.
4) THE INSPECTION AND REPORTS DO NOT ADDRESS AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO ADDRESS CODE REQUIREMENTS OR COMPLIANCE, THE POSSIBLE PRESENCE OR DANGER FROM ASBESTOS, RADON GAS, RODENTS, INSECTS, LEAD PAINT, UREA FORMALDEHYDE , SOIL CONTAMINATION AND OTHER INDOOR AND OUTDOOR SUBSTANCES UNLESS THESE TESTS WERE ORDERED. (Results of these tests will be provided under separate cover)This agreement shall cover these inspections if ordered. Pools and hot tubs are not inspected.
5) Any matter concerning the interpretation of this agreement, the inspection report, or any claim based on either, shall be resolved by mediation between the parties or failing such mediation shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with Construction Industry Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, except for the rules pertaining to arbitrator selection. The three (3) arbitrators should have knowledge of the home inspection profession and one (1) arbitrator must be a full member of ASHI® with at least (5) years of home inspection experience.
6) The inspection service is conducted at the property. The physical on-site inspection of the property is a very valuable time of exchange of information between the inspector and the client. Any particular concern of the client must be brought to the attention of the inspector before the inspection begins. The written report can not be a substitute for the clients personal presence during the inspection process. It is virtually impossible to fully profile any building with any reporting system. Unless the client attends and participates in the inspection process itself, the client will have no chance on gaining all the information that is available.
7) Keystone Inspection Service reserves the right to charge a 50% cancellation fee for any services if not notified 24 hours prior to the inspection date. For Sunday and Monday appointments, notification must be made prior to 4 PM. the Friday before your inspection (No exceptions).
The undersigned have
read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions of this agreement and
agree to pay the
charges specified at or before the time of the inspection.